Thursday, June 9, 2011

1! week and Counting

I can't believe we are only ONE WEEK away from leaving! The past seven days have been a complete roller coaster (partly the reason I haven't posted in so long...) but we are finally back on track, getting things set and even expanding some possibilities that not only offer some financial backing for the trip, but could really enrich the experience on the road.

Intrigued yet?  ;)

So the main thing that made the last week SO tumultuous was actually really great news, but pretty much could have completely wiped out any chances of us actually doing this. We will be adjusting our plan to some degree, changing the route a little bit and all, but I am really still happy with the opportunity to go, and now we get to spend a bit more time in a lot of the locations since we cut out some driving.

I am sad that neither of us will get to see our sisters this time...AND that having red velvet cake in Georgia will have to wait for the NEXT trip. ;)  But, frankly, nothing can stop my stoke at this point!

I definitely got a lurch realizing I actually DID only have a week to pack up my entire Corvallis life AND get organized for the trip! We had a minor debacle with getting a campsite at the Grand Canyon. I ended up reserving the 18th/19th on the North rim like we wanted...but I realized that it was for the 18th/19th of August, not June, only after I confirmed it. So I lost $10 there on cancellation fee... But we were able to get one night still at the South rim, and I guess we just have an extra day to spend in Tempe with Miranda (call me back, homegirl!!)

The new route is going to be as follows:
Redwoods
Ashland (or Humboldt)
Reno
Las Vegas
Grand Canyon
Phoenix
Chaco Canyon
Albuquerque
Fort Worth/Dallas
Austin
Houston
Dallas
the Ozarks
Chicago
Milwaulkee
Minneapolis
Badlands Natl. Park
Denver
Salt Lake City
Yellowstone
Kenniwick
PORTLAND!

...I feel like we have so much left to do to get ready!! But I think at some point, I just have to let variables be variables and just take things as they come. And it will be amazing no matter what. :)
YiPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

lovelovelove,
     Alia

No comments:

Post a Comment